RE: st: RE: why F statistics are different forAnderson-Rubin test of joint significance of endogenous regressors?

From   "Jian Zhang" <[email protected]>
To   "Schaffer, Mark E" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: why F statistics are different forAnderson-Rubin test of joint significance of endogenous regressors?
Date   Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:49:46 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Mark!  Is F -statistic supposed to equal chi_sqre divided by the number of constraints
tested asymptotically?  For example, for the robust case (i.e runing regression:ivreg2 lw s expr
tenure rns smsa _I* (iq=med kww age mrt), ffirst robust),
F_statistic(4, 742)=25.77 Chi_sqre(4)==105.31.

Are we supposed to have F*4=Chi_Sqre since Chi_sqre(I.e., Wald test) is equal to F*the number of
constraints tested asymptotically?  However in this case 25.77*4=103.08, which is not equal to
105.31 although it is close.   Am I missing something here? Many thanks!

Best regards,
Jian Zhang