Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: RE: Persistent "New update available" message, solved

From   Mike Lacy <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Persistent "New update available" message, solved
Date   Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:45:28 -0600

I had written:
> I'm getting the "new update available" every time I start up Stata
> (v. 9). When I -update all- Stata reports that both the executable
> and the ado file are up to date. ... Meanwhile, Stata seems to function
> correctly, except for this bogus update report. Any suggestions on
> how to get the update flag to behave properly?

I passed this on to Stata Tech Support. They acknowledged a small to-be-fixed glitch here, noted that the out of synch update flag is really only a cosmetic problem, as I had thought, and suggested that I do:
update executable, force
update ado, force

This solved the problem.

Mike Lacy