Re: st: ssc activity: how are hit counts computed

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   Paul Millar <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ssc activity: how are hit counts computed
Date   Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:28:54 -0400

Paul,

As is standard with 'net install", ancillary files are installed in the current working directory (cwd). There is no "data directory" defined in any version of Stata which I use. You could, of course, have set c:/data as your default directory in profile.do.

(type -ssc install sscsubmit- to install)

. net get sscsubmit
checking sscsubmit consistency and verifying not already installed...

copying into current directory...
copying sscsubmit.html
copying sscstats.html
ancillary files successfully copied.

To my mind Stata makes it quite clear that materials are placed in the cwd. You could of course use 'cd' prior to the net install command to put the ancillary files somewhere else than your cwd.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html