Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: margeff and svy: probit

From   Richard Williams <>
To, Statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: margeff and svy: probit
Date   Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:28:13 -0500

At 12:42 PM 7/26/2006, Dimitriy V. Masterov wrote:
Does anyone know if using Tamas Bartus' margeff after svy: probit is
OK? I tried using the model(svy: probit) option, which seems to work,
but I don't see this documented anywhere. The results it yields are
different than with the model(probit) option.
I just tried the following - given that margeff and mfx produce the same results, I am guessing you are ok (but I can't guarantee it).

use "";
svy: probit heartatk height weight female black
margeff, at(mean)
margeff, at(mean) model(probit)

Incidentally, for me it didn't matter whether I specified model(probit) or not.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu