Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Developing survey weights through raking

Subject   st: Developing survey weights through raking
Date   Fri, 21 Jul 2006 01:12:31 +0000

I'm a new user of Stata who would like to develop sampling weights for an online consumer survey. This does not involve clustering or stratification - it's just a simple survey.  In particular, I'd like to rake (i.e., balance) the sample data on gender and income to match the population proportions for these two variables.  How can I do this in Stata?  I believe I asked this question before, but if I did, I lost the responses.

Walt Paczkowski