From   "White, Justin" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Adding a legend to a combined graph
Date   Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:45:15 -0400

If X and Y are identical in all four graphs, why not show them on one
graph.  In my opinion, that would be better than plotting them on 4
separate graphs.  This way, you can format your legend as you want.

Justin White

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Joseph
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:40 PM
Subject: st: Adding a legend to a combined graph

Hi all.

A (hopefully) simple question...I want to show the fitted values of four

regression models on the same data set in one (combined) graph. In
particular, in each graph, I want to show the FVs of three separate
I first make four separate graphs, one for each regression. In each
group A has clpattern(solid), group B has clpattern(dash) and group C
clpattern(shortdash). Ranges of X and Y are identical across the four

I want to show the graphs as one (combined) graph. So I generate the
individual graphs and then combine them. Because the legend for the
individual graphs are identical, I set the legend in each graph to off.
However, I then want to add the same legend to the combined graph. So
basically, I want to add a legend that stipulates that Group A has
clpattern(solid) etc, even though Groups A, B and C are not actually
within the combined graph. Can this be done?

Many thanks.