Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Adding a legend to a combined graph

From   "Joseph McDonnell" <>
Subject   st: Adding a legend to a combined graph
Date   Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:39:49 +0200

Hi all.

A (hopefully) simple question...I want to show the fitted values of four regression models on the same data set in one (combined) graph. In particular, in each graph, I want to show the FVs of three separate groups. I first make four separate graphs, one for each regression. In each graph, group A has clpattern(solid), group B has clpattern(dash) and group C has clpattern(shortdash). Ranges of X and Y are identical across the four models/graphs.

I want to show the graphs as one (combined) graph. So I generate the individual graphs and then combine them. Because the legend for the individual graphs are identical, I set the legend in each graph to off. However, I then want to add the same legend to the combined graph. So basically, I want to add a legend that stipulates that Group A has clpattern(solid) etc, even though Groups A, B and C are not actually defined within the combined graph. Can this be done?

Many thanks.

* For searches and help try: