Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: adoupdate

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: adoupdate
Date   Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:30:03 -0400

Credit for -adoupdate- should go to Bill Gould, period. I did some work to ensure that all SSC-hosted modules would work with adoupdate, and that the command can access a quick summary of distribution dates, but all of the creative effort here is Bill's. I do take credit (with Nick Cox) for the original version of the -ssc- command, which some will recall was the -archutil- package. Of course, when StataCorp "adopted" that command, they added features and rewrote it to their high standards.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics