st: Problem with generating time dummies in panel data

From   "Daghan Yeldan" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Problem with generating time dummies in panel data
Date   Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:22:58 +0200

Dear all,

I have been investigating an effect of a law by using a panel data. This panel data consists of three years of interviews on the labour market and I created some variables among the asked questions. Just like every panel data this dataset has also id numbers which are characterized as resp in my analysis. Moreover, by the help of the two variables h and hp I created another variable namely, minder, which is basically hp<h in every year.
With the help of my instructor I manage to cobine all years and the variables with append command.

My problem now is, I have to generate time dummies for minder for every year that I have in my analysis. Hence, I need to have minder94, minder96, minder98. When I list the data, it seems as below

resp96 y h hp minder

1. 701 1994 32 32 0
2. 701 1996 30 24 1
3. 1602 1994 . . .
4. 1602 1996 25 . .
5. 1602 1998 . . .

6. 1901 1994 40 40 0
7. 1901 1996 30 30 0
8. 1901 1998 . . .
9. 6101 1994 40 32 1
10 6101 1996 . . .

I think I cannot generate it with the simple gen command, but the other ways that i try didn't succeed at all.
Kind Regards for your suggestions,
Daghan

*
* For searches and help try: