Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: random effects and stepwise

From   Chan Du <>
Subject   Re: st: random effects and stepwise
Date   Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:09:41 -0700

Richard Williams wrote:

At 07:10 AM 7/12/2006, A Smith wrote:

Is there a way to perform a stepwise regression with a random effect logit
model? Thanks.

-help stepwise- shows you what commands work with the sw prefix, and none of the xt commands are included. I don't know if this is for sound statistical reasons or whether it is just because nobody has programmed it. I imagine it could be kind of slow and painful if you could do it. The svy and stepwise prefixes can't be used together either.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu