st: RE: panel data

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: panel data
Date   Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:09:55 +0100

This is really not a good idea.

Generally, a long structure
is easier to work with in Stata than a wide one,
especially when panel calculations are needed.

Specifically, Andrey's structure is already long and a
solution for his case is already known, so there
is no gain in this particular case either.

Incidentally, as -Gen-, -Replace-, etc. are illegal
commands in official Stata, capitalising -gen-, -replace-,
etc. can at best puzzle and at worst confuse.

Siddharth Kharkar