Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: analysis of complex surveys

From   "Ed Al-Hussainy" <>
Subject   st: analysis of complex surveys
Date   Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:01:43 -0400

Dear all,

I am attempting to analyze a set of complex household surveys that
used a standard questionnaire but were conducted in different
countries using different sampling methods (multistage stratification
and clustering). I have household weights as well as stratification
and clustering information for each survey. My question is two-fold:

1. Is it possible to "pool" or in some way combine data across surveys
for a fixed-effects regression analysis?
2. If I run regressions at the country-level, is there a way to make
cross-country comparisons using regression coefficients or marginal

Thanks much in advance.

Ed Al-Hussainy
Development Economics Research Group/Finance
The World Bank, Washington DC