Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: superposed rolled windows

From   "Michael S. Hanson" <>
Subject   Re: st: superposed rolled windows
Date   Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:02:23 -0400

On Jun 27, 2006, at 12:52 PM, irodriguez wrote:

In the data editor windows all the variables except yeaar are in red
this mean that are string?
how can I convert the profit variable to string with encode or with destring
i`ve tried with
destring profit, replace
but it`s still red
Sorry, I have never used the data editor, so I have no idea what red signifies. Perhaps the User's Guide or Data Management manuals explain the color codings. If you -describe- your variable, you should be able to determine its data type. HTH.

-- Mike

* For searches and help try: