Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: formula for holm adjustment in mtest

From   "Maarten Buis" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: formula for holm adjustment in mtest
Date   Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:23:07 +0200

--- Rohacek, Monica wrote:
> Is there anywhere I can find the formula that STATA uses for the Holm
> adjustment to the p-values?  I've tried to replicate the results by hand and
> have been unsuccessful in ways that suggest I am using a (slightly)
> incorrect formula.

-help _mtest- gives the following formula for the Holm's correction:
p' = min(1,n(p) p), where n(p) is the number of p-s smaller than p

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam