st: RE: Graph format that can be edited in Word/Windows applications? Any other ideas for non-stata users to edit my work?

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Graph format that can be edited in Word/Windows applications? Any other ideas for non-stata users to edit my work?
Date   Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:48:18 -0500

Don't edit in Word.

But if you must, it is not difficult to remove the axis labels and titles.
For example:

   sysuse auto,clear
   scatter mpg price, xlabel("") ylabel("") xtitle("") ytitle("") ///
      plotregion(style(none)) graphregion(fcolor(white))

Or change the line pattern:

   gen t = _n
   twoway  line head t , lc(black) lp(dot)  || line gear t,  ///
      lc(blue) lp(dash)

Or add arrows to label point or lines:

   tempvar y1 x1 y2 x2 name pos
   input `y1' `x1' `y2' `x2' str10 `name' `pos'
    5 55 5 47 "Headroom"  3
    4.1 77.5 3.7 73.5 "Gear Ratio" 12
   end

   twoway  line head t , lc(black) lp(dot) || line gear t, lc(blue) ///
    lp(dash) ///
   || pcarrow `y1' `x1' `y2' `x2' in 1, mlabel(`name') mlabvpos(`pos') ///
    mlabcolor(black)  mcolor(black) lc(black) ///
   || pcarrow `y1' `x1' `y2' `x2' in 2, mlabel(`name') mlabvpos(`pos') ///
    mlabcolor(blue)  mcolor(blue) lc(blue)  legend(off)

Also, the following messages might be useful to you:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-07/msg00012.html

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-07/msg00013.html