Re: st: Graph format that can be edited in Word/Windows applications?Any other ideas for non-stata users to edit my work?

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Graph format that can be edited in Word/Windows applications?Any other ideas for non-stata users to edit my work?
Date   Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:31:31 -0400

If you are determined to create Stata graphs, omit the labels and
save them in Windows MetaFile (WMF) format. These can be opened and
edited in windows image editors, including Word.

To omit the labels simply specify them with empty strings, ie,

. scatter y x, yti("") xti("")

Hope this helps.

Jeph

Anna Gueorguieva wrote:
Dear All,
I am working on a big report and will have others do
the final editing, translation to another language and
preparation for printing.
I need to produce my stata graphs in a format that
will allow others to edit the text portions (source,
labels, xtitle, etc) using common windows
applications.

Any advice?

If that is not possible, other ideas?
How can i "strip down" my graphs to the graph section,
without any labels etc. that can be later inserted in
a some sort of frame ,where the axes titles can be
added (Actually, any advice on that? Seems like it
will be impossible to make it work, e.g. how to denote
a dotted line vs some other line).
Thank you in advance for your time! Happy world cup
watchin'!
Best,
Anna