Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: problems with e(sample)

From   "Zurab Sajaia" <>
Subject   st: problems with e(sample)
Date   Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:22:21 -0400

Hi all,

I ecountered a problem with disapearing e(sample) and couldn't find what can be wrong:

I have an eclass program, which sets leaves some ereturn parameters as well as setting e(sample)

program myprogram, eclass

ereturn post, esample(`touse')
ereturn local cmd="myprogram"

count if e(sample)
end // myprogram

When I run the program -count- within the program displays correct number but if I write
.count if e(sample) from command line, it returns 0. Somehow e(sample) gets cleared although other parameters, for example e(cmd) still contains "myprogram".

Is it Friday-5:30PM problem or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

* For searches and help try: