From   "David Harrison" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Mata: dropping structures from memory
Date   Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:53:57 +0100

I may be wrong, as I am certainly no expert in Mata, but can structures
not just be dropped (as any other objects) using -mata drop-, e.g.

mata drop mystruct()

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Zurab Sajaia
Sent: 13 June 2006 15:51
Subject: st: Mata: dropping structures from memory

Hi everyone,

I have a recursive problem involving linked list of structures in Mata,
but after some number of chains (number is not fixed, that's why I
decided to use list instead of a matrix) I don't need an earlier members
of the list and they can be dropped to free some memory. If I don't drop
them, my list is getting too long and even makes Stata to crash.

I was wondering if there was some way of clearing structures like other
objects in Stata.

Thanks in advance,

For more information please visit