st: RE: RE: RE: Trying to do inverse of char(n) without Mata ascii()

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: Trying to do inverse of char(n) without Mata ascii()
Date   Sun, 11 Jun 2006 16:39:41 +0100

Having said all that, wanting to do without
Mata seems a trifle perverse for anyone with
Stata 9:

. mata : ascii("`")
  96

. mata : ascii("a")