st: Re: xtlogit vs gllamm

From   B�gin Karine <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: xtlogit vs gllamm
Date   Mon, 29 May 2006 09:15:08 -0400

This message is a follow-up to the one I posted on May 15, 2006.

Hi,

Following the recommendations on the use of xtlogit that were made to me, I performed a few tests on my data, this time using all the occasions I had for each subject (on average 150 occasions for each respondents) instead of only 8 and I increased the number of integration points.  As a result, my data is less correlated.  This time I get similar results between gllamm and xtlogit, which leads me to conclude, as suggested, that xtlogit may pose a problem when the intraclass correlation is high highly correlated but otherwise works well.

Mr. Linhart said he was interested in seeing the data.  If he still is, I would be glad to send it to him.

Thanks again,

Karine B�gin