Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: simulation

From   "azam alavi" <>
Subject   st: simulation
Date   Mon, 29 May 2006 11:59:55 +0500

Hi there,

I estimated an ordered probit model for the level of
education(effective years of schooling) as a dependent variable and
matrix of M including age,sex,location,average of education in the
household as independet variables.

Now, I'm trying to simulate the educational expansion in a way that
the vector of cut_off points c(ei)  in the ordered probit model
translate leftwards by a constant vector e`>0 such that
c'(ei)=c(ei)-e` and the characteristics of M will be the same.The
program must iterate on successively higher values of e` until the
mean of simulated distribution of years of schooling converged to ten.

I've checked the "simulate" command, but I'm not savvy enough to write
a do-file to accomplish this task.
Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Azam Alavi