Re: st: Two wishes

From   "Michael S. Hanson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Two wishes
Date   Mon, 22 May 2006 23:21:30 -0400

On May 22, 2006, at 9:07 PM, Raphael Fraser wrote:

I wish Stata could have more than one data set in memory.
I'm curious: (1) What could you accomplish under such a setup that you cannot currently (given the many data management commands already in Stata)? (2) How would one prevent data management complications (same name for different variables in different datasets; specifying which dataset(s) to write to, frequency and/or sample period mismatches, etc.) that do not arise under the current setup?