Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: multiple correspondence analysis

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: multiple correspondence analysis
Date   Sat, 20 May 2006 19:25:47 -0400

Walt said

I want to do a multiple correspondence analysis. I have Stata Se V9. I downloaded the mca ado file I found doing a search. When I tried the example, I got an error message:

Which one did you install? I did

ssc install mca
sysuse auto
mca mpg rep78 trunk

and it produced a raft of output, with no error messages.

One warning: the command seems to need categorical (integer) variables, but does not enforce that constraint.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics

* For searches and help try: