Re: st: Mata: Recursive structures and pointers

From   [email protected] (Richard Gates)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Mata: Recursive structures and pointers
Date   Thu, 18 May 2006 07:58:09 -0500

Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]> inquired about implementing
a linked list in Mata.  This is what I came up with.

mata

struct listelem {
        real scalar a
        real scalar b
        pointer(struct listelem scalar) scalar nextpoint
}

struct listelem scalar function setelem(real scalar s)
{
        struct listelem scalar e

        e.a=s
        e.b=s

        return(e)
}

struct pointlist {
        struct listelem scalar first
        pointer(struct listelem scalar) scalar last
}

struct pointlist scalar function setpoint( real vector seq)
{
        struct pointlist scalar v
        real scalar i
        real scalar l

        l = length(seq)
	if (l == 0) return(v)

	v.first.a = seq[1]
	v.first.b = seq[1]
        v.last = &(v.first)
        liststruct(v)
        for (i=2; i<=l; i++) {
                v.last->nextpoint = &setelem(seq[i])
                v.last = v.last->nextpoint
        }
        return(v)
}

void function testit()
{
	real scalar i
	real colvector v
	pointer(struct listelem scalar) scalar el
	struct pointlist scalar l

	v = 1::10
	l = setpoint(v)

	liststruct(l)