Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: using pwd in an if statement

From   Nick Winter <>
Subject   Re: st: using pwd in an if statement
Date   Tue, 16 May 2006 15:59:27 -0400

The package -fastcd- on SSC has a utility called -c- designed for just this sort of issue. It allows you to set up a set of associations between directory and mnemonics-- such as "hannah" for "C:\data\scholar\Hannah", and so on. Then you can type "c hannah" and you will be switched to that directory.

The package name is fastcd; once you install the package, note that you have to type

. help fastcd

for help. The command, howver, is "c". This is a side effect of me naming the command a single letter--something Stata advises against. Stata has subsequently taken back "help c" to point to help on the c() macros.

--Nick Winter