Re: st: RE: RE: Plots: save, log, ...

From   "David Elliott" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: Plots: save, log, ...
Date   Mon, 15 May 2006 21:02:44 -0300

There is another possibility here if you want graphs to be readily
accessible from your log file.

Imagine this scenario, saving your log as SMCL:

log using example, replace
      log:  W:\data\example.smcl
 log type:  smcl
opened on:  15 May 2006, 20:46:43

. [graph command], saving(test)

file test.gph saved

. di "{stata graph use test:Display test graph}"
Display test graph

. log close
      log:  W:\data\example.smcl
 log type:  smcl
closed on:  15 May 2006, 20:49:11

. view  W:\data\example.smcl

The viewer will show the log file with a hot link to the graph itself.
When you click on the "Display test graph" text, the graph will be
loaded.  This process could be easily automated.  It all depends on
how exactly you want to use the output.

I look forward to the day when a SMCL to HTML option does all this for us...

DCE