Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: RE: Plots: save, log, ...

From   "MA V" <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Plots: save, log, ...
Date   Mon, 15 May 2006 23:11:10 +0000

Thanks. But since I really want the graphs individually, combine does not seem to be an option here.
Ideally, I would like stata to save all the graphs in the do file to one single file. Note that I have a huge do file not only with graphs but with other statistics as well.
Do I have to "copy paste" every plot?

From: "Nick Cox" <>
To: <>
Subject: st: RE: Plots: save, log, ...
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:00:04 +0100

> If I run a do file I can save all my output in a log file.
> But this will not
> include the graphics... So, is there an easy way of getting
> all the plots
> into a single file? I would like to avoid having to copy and
> paste the plots
> one by one...I have many plots in my do file so this last
> option can be very time-consuming.

You can do this if you want. You just need to
issue names for the plots you produce, gather them
all together and then use -graph combine-.

The principle is illustrated by this:

sysuse auto, clear
histogram mpg, saving(do1)
scatter mpg weight, saving(do2)
graph combine "do1" "do2"

In practice, almost always, users either want
graphs individually or have far too many graphs
to put on one plot. But there is no intrinsic
difficulty to what you want, nor a short-cut
way to doing it.

* For searches and help try: