From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Plots: save, log, ...
Date   Mon, 15 May 2006 23:00:04 +0100

> If I run a do file I can save all my output in a log file.
> But this will not
> include the graphics... So, is there an easy way of getting
> all the plots
> into a single file? I would like to avoid having to copy and
> paste the plots
> one by one...I have many plots in my do file so this last
> option can be very time-consuming.

You can do this if you want. You just need to
issue names for the plots you produce, gather them
all together and then use -graph combine-.

The principle is illustrated by this:

sysuse auto, clear
histogram mpg, saving(do1)
scatter mpg weight, saving(do2)
graph combine "do1" "do2"

In practice, almost always, users either want
graphs individually or have far too many graphs
to put on one plot. But there is no intrinsic
difficulty to what you want, nor a short-cut
way to doing it.