From   "Alex Ogan" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Quick Saving
Date   Mon, 15 May 2006 17:13:25 -0400

Is `c(pwd)' what you want?

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Nuno Soares
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 5:03 PM
Subject: st: Quick Saving

Hi Statalisters,

I was wondering if anyone  knows of a procedure that allows the user to
the current dataset in the current working directory without typing the
path, just the filename.
If we don't specify the path, the -save- command saves the file in the
default data directory. If we want to save in the current working
(different from the default directory) I believe we have to write the
complete path (which is extremely boring if we want to quick save
versions of the file after ).
I've been trying to write a ado file that enables to do just that, but I
don't know if Stata has a command that retrieves the current directory.
The objective is to write a command like this: qksave filename.
Can anyone help?

*   For searches and help try:

This message is intended solely for the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.

Arrowstreet Capital, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.