From   "Nuno Soares" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Quick Saving
Date   Mon, 15 May 2006 22:03:07 +0100

Hi Statalisters,

I was wondering if anyone  knows of a procedure that allows the user to save
the current dataset in the current working directory without typing the all
path, just the filename.
If we don't specify the path, the -save- command saves the file in the
default data directory. If we want to save in the current working directory
(different from the default directory) I believe we have to write the
complete path (which is extremely boring if we want to quick save several
versions of the file after ).
I've been trying to write a ado file that enables to do just that, but I
don't know if Stata has a command that retrieves the current directory.
The objective is to write a command like this: qksave filename.
Can anyone help?