Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Getting a random sample from panel data

From   "Christer Thrane" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Getting a random sample from panel data
Date   Wed, 10 May 2006 19:43:25 +0200

In my panel data (one observation per year), the variable lpnr identifies
persons and the variable aar identifies panels.

I wish to obtain a 10% probability sample that is representative in terms of persons (lpnr). But if the person is selected, I want to follow him or her throughout the panels (aar).

Findit "random sample" did not help me, though.

Any help is appriciated.

Best regards,

Christer Thrane
Lillehammer University College