Re: st: New -tmap- FAQ

From   "Kevin Crow - StataCorp" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: New -tmap- FAQ
Date   Thu, 4 May 2006 16:11:39 -0500

1) Is there a way to control the size of the map? Does this depend on the
shape files used??

Currently there is not an option to control the size of the graph using -tmap-. I believe -tmap_choropleth.ado- calculates the size of the graph by using the below code.

local RATIO = (`ymax' - `ymin') / (`xmax'-`xmin')

local YS = 4

local XS = 4 / `RATIO'

If you wanted to you can edit the file tmap_choropleth.ado and manually add the X and Y sizes you want. For example,

local RATIO = (`ymax' - `ymin') / (`xmax'-`xmin')

local YS = 4

local XS = 4 / `RATIO'

local YS = 5 /// Add ysize

local XS = 5 /// Add xsize

Is there a way to show deciles of "quantvar"?

The -clnumber(#)- options specifies the number of classes k in which quantvar can be divided. This option accepts only numbers between 2 and 9.

Kevin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Danielle H. Ferry" <[email protected]>