Re: st: New -tmap- FAQ

From   Ronnie Babigumira <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: New -tmap- FAQ
Date   Thu, 04 May 2006 10:58:09 +0200

Related to this, sp2tmap has been added to the R package maptools. From the help file

     The function converts a SpatialPolygons object for use with the
     Stata tmap command, by creating a data frame with the required
     columns.

Kevin Crow, StataCorp wrote:
Bill Gould and I have written an FAQ "How do I graph data onto a map?" which is now available at
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/graphics/tmap.html

The purpose of the FAQ is to provide an introduction into Maurizio Pisati's
-tmap- command, and to provide step-by-step instructions for using it.

Along with that, I have written a new command -shp2dta- that converts ESRI
Shapefiles into the .dta format required by -tmap-. That program is available
via SSC. Instructions for installing all the software you need can be found in
the FAQ.

Another useful resource for -tmap- is Friedrich Huebler's blog at
http://huebler.blogspot.com/.

-- Kevin
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/