Re: st: Re: Calling SAS and R code from Stata

From   n p <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Calling SAS and R code from Stata
Date   Tue, 2 May 2006 08:05:09 -0700 (PDT)

I dont know if that's the best way but here's what I
do:
********************************
...Stata code...
save myStataFile,replace

winexec "C:\Program Files\R\rw2010\bin\R.exe" CMD
BATCH "c:\\...\\program_in_R.r"
"c:\\...\\results_from_R.txt"

... Stata code continues possibly reading results from
R_results.dta (see below)

R can read and write Stata files so your R code could
look like this :

library(foreign)
test<-read.dta("c:\\...\\myStataFile.dta")
... R code ...
write.dta(as.data.frame(mod1$coefficients$fixed),"c:\\...\\R_results.dta")

 I hope this helps

Nikos Pantazis
Biostatistician, MSc