st: RE: weighting for Lowess smoothing

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: weighting for Lowess smoothing
Date   Tue, 2 May 2006 16:00:15 +0100

-lowess- doesn't allow weights. Apart from programming
this yourself, I guess your only option is to -expand-
beforehand. Assuming that community size is an
integer, then this in some cases might lead to problems
with dataset size, especially if the communities are e.g.
ants or other social insects.

Yoshiro Nagao