Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: "no observations"

From   Scott Cunningham <>
Subject   Re: st: "no observations"
Date   Tue, 2 May 2006 08:58:31 -0400

I had a feeling it wasn't going to be as easy as my last message suggested! What happens if you simplify the model and drop all the interaction terms? I'm betting a global test of them would show they are insignificant anyway.
I'll try this. But any idea why -mfx- would give me that strange error that there are no observations? That's what is confusing me. I know there are observations because I just ran the model, and it worked without a hitch! So why is it telling me there is no observations? (I feel like the guy in OFFICE SPACE frustrated over the fax machine telling him there's a paper jam, "when I know there is no paper jam!" for those who know the movie reference.) ;)

* For searches and help try: