Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: adding mean plot to anovaplot

From   John Novak <>
Subject   st: adding mean plot to anovaplot
Date   Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:37:29 -0700

I would like to add a plot of the treatment means collapsed across the by variable to an -anovaplot-. I have done this:

#delimit ;
quietly anova y a b a*b;
anovaplot ,
scatter(msymbol(i) xsize(3) ysize(3) name(by_b, replace))
plot(mband y a) ;
delimit cr

It is almost what I want, but adds the median band instead of a mean band. Does anyone know how I can accomplish the same effect, but with means instead of medians?

* For searches and help try: