From   "Michael Blasnik" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: Making a unique log file
Date   Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:31:59 -0400

Cmdlog using "D:\statalogs\comlog${S_DATE}"

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donald Spady" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 5:21 PM
Subject: st: Making a unique log file

I want to make a command log file using cmdlog, but I want it to be unique
every time I begin Stata. Right now my command is

cmdlog using "D:\statalogs\comlog",append

I want it to read something like
Cmdlog using "D:\statalogs\comlog"+"$S_DATE"

or some other unique identifier but every time I try it, the program aborts
when it gets to the '+' sign. Can someone please tell me how to get this to

Many thanks in advance.

Donald W Spady MD, MSc
Departments of Pediatrics and Public Health Sciences
8226B, Aberhart Centre 1
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta,
T6G 2J3