Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Problem with hour format

From   "Edgard Alfonso Polanco Aguilar" <edgard.polanco@gmail.com>
Subject   st: Problem with hour format
Date   Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:45:50 -0500

Hello Statalisters

I'm working in Stata9 SE for Windows a database that has a variable
that tells me the time of the observation. I have the database in
Excel format and I transfer it to Stata format. When I transfer the
archive, instead of hour format (i.e.: 12:30) I get a float number
(i.e.:12.3).

The problem gets worse because te observations arenīt separated by
regular intervals.
My quiestion is, is there anyway to transfer the variable in hour format?

Can anybody help me with this?

Thank you very much
Edgard