RE: st: How can I filter the results with FE regression?

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: How can I filter the results with FE regression?
Date   Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:07:44 +0200

Ilker:
Standard significance levels no longer hold if you perform many
tests. If you do enough tests you are sure to find something
even if nothing is there. Ways to deal with this is to apply a
Bonferroni correction, you divide the significance level by the
number of tests. Say you do 1000 tests than your significance
level is .05/1000=.00005. Other slightly less conservative
corrections exist. have a look at -help _mtest-.
HTH,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam