Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: convert datafile into a matrix

From   "Lei Xuan" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: convert datafile into a matrix
Date   Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:54:21 -0500

I want to convert my input dataset into a big matrix and pass it to C code
and then pass it to MATLAB. I am not very familiar with matrix operations in
STATA. Would you please simple point me to some examples or sample codes?
The interface of My MATLAB function is:

  [scalar1, scarlar2, scarlar3, ... , scalar8] = myfunction[betamx,

   Betamx is one dimension matrix (1 by m) or vector obtained from -regress-
or -logit-;
   Inputmx is n by m dimension matrix with n cases and m variables.