From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: bys
Date   Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:55:07 +0100

I guess that whatever you do a main header will still be displayed
after the first group header.

I think this needs a change to Stata, e.g. an option added
to -bysort- specifying a header.

Alternatively, it may be possible indirectly,
by calling a program (or do file) that displays
a header, then fires up a byable program, but
at first sight the passing of arguments would be
somewhat awkward.

Fred Wolfe