From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Creating panel data?
Date   Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:56:06 +0100

You need -reshape-. In succession, check
out the on-line help, the manual entry, and
FAQs on -reshape-, bailing out when you
have worked out what to do.

If your year variables were simply

reshape long foo, i(country) j(year)

would do fine.

If you can do it in Excel, whatever that
is, with the equivalent of a one-line
command, then do it that way if you prefer.

Ann Edith Helfman