RE: st: RE: transformation of a continuous variable for a logistic regression model

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: transformation of a continuous variable for a logistic regression model
Date   Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:30:46 +0100

I don't have any advice except the standard:
Study the original papers by Royston, Altman
and Sauerbrei on fractional polynomials really
carefully. It is evident
from the paper you cited earlier that the main
ideas can get garbled in n th-hand accounts.

It might be useful to plot the predictors
produced by -fracgen- against each other to
keep an eye on their interdependence.

Suzy