st: automatic v. user-instigated update checks

From   "Marino, Jennifer" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: automatic v. user-instigated update checks
Date   Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:38:59 -0700

I downloaded the update from Stata 9.1 to 9.2 yesterday, yet the
automatic update check protested at Stata startup that it has been more
than 7 days since it was permitted to check to see whether new updates
were available. I understand the update program may need to feel useful,
and of course I allowed it to check for updates to keep the peace, but
this does seem to fly in the face of the intention behind automating the
task.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Jen "Everything's Up to Date in Stata City" Marino