Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: RE: RE: Antispam message

From   Richard Williams <>
To, <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: Antispam message
Date   Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:48:21 -0500

At 11:11 AM 4/19/2006, Nick Cox wrote:
In the limit, this kind of behaviour would mean
that each of us must send every message to a new recipient
_twice_, and I join firmly with Al Feiveson in just
not wanting to do that.
To clarify, after you have responded _once_ by saying you are not a spammer, the antispam program leaves you alone after that. Nonetheless, it is a nuisance to ask potentially hundreds of people to send you that message, particularly since people will often be afraid they are falling into some sort of trap. I can see the purpose behind such a program but people who have it should not sign up for listserves, especially when a digest alternative is available. If Notre Dame adopted such a program today, I am sure our computing office would have at least 100 complaints by tomorrow!

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu