Statalist The Stata Listserver

re: st: mata courses?

From   David Airey <david.airey@Vanderbilt.Edu>
Subject   re: st: mata courses?
Date   Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:22:11 -0500

I would be inclined to purchase an introductory course.

Bill Gould's crystal example of the chi-square test for a hypothesized distribution was just the kind of thing I would like more of, along with his prior correlation matrix example. Or rather would like to be more capable of working the implementation myself! I do get the Stata Journal, and I'll pay more attention!

I would also be interested in, no joke, a text on matrix algebra for statistics (there are one or two of these on the market) but that drew heavily if not exclusively from Mata.

You should turn this round. You should make it
clear what kind of course you would most like.