RE: st: Antispam message

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Antispam message
Date   Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:34:07 -0500

I would rather let the anti-spam users take the responsibility of
deciding whether they want to receive my message. If my "valuable"
message doesn't get through to them it's their tough luck. I'm sure not
going to bother to get their approval every tme I post something.

AL F.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Richard
Williams
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:39 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Antispam message

At 08:11 AM 4/19/2006, Seb Buechte wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>did anyone who posted to the list today receive an antispam message
>requiring him or her to confirm that it was "really" him or her who
>sent the message? I just got one and I am a bit surprised.
>
>Kind regards,
>Sebastian

Yes. I can see the point of it, but I don't think it is the best thing
in the world if you are subscribed to lists where hundreds of different
people might be writing you!  It is an annoyance to others, plus you
wonder if it is legit or is itself some kind of spamming or phishing
device.  A digest format might be better if you have an antispam program
like that.  It wouldn't surprise me if some University or corporation
has imposed this system on its users.

I assume it is legitimate though, since it is immediately replying to
messages I have actually sent.  I went ahead and did as it requested.
If you don't do that, then I suspect you will receive a request every
time you send a Statalist message, unless maybe it just bans you after a
few non-responses.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX:    (574)288-4373
HOME:   (574)289-5227