Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: mata function : coding optional argument

From   "U.A.QU.AP" <>
Subject   st: mata function : coding optional argument
Date   Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:22:22 +0100 (CET)

sorry my first message was without subject
I'm writing a mata function say:
transmorphic matrix chak(real colvector dim1, real colvector
dim2, | real colvector pop , real scalar b)
in which "pop" and the scalar "b" are optional arguments as
you can see above
My question is how to code the optional arguments. I want that
if user dont specifies  the vector "pop"  mata must replace it
by a vector of ones  and similary for b.
Following the help my solution was
if (nb_arg<3) pop=J(rows(dim1),1,1)
if (nb_arg<4) b=1
but this solution don't allow  the user to specifies the
scalar b and omit the 3rd argument pop
Any help
AbdelRahmen El Lahga