Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Does Stata Talk to Matlab?

From   "Alexander Nervedi" <>
Subject   st: Does Stata Talk to Matlab?
Date   Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:37:15 +0000

Hi Statamasters!

I am looking to estimate a few parameters using the ml command but there is an underlying numerical optimization that I need done which is in Matlab.

Is there any way to iterate between Stata and Matlab through a connection from stata to Matlab that can feed matlab parameter values (say starting values of a dynamic program) and then return back with values (so the optimal policy functions). ?

hoping to hear a resounding yes.

alex nerd'i

* For searches and help try: